We’re excited you’re interested in volunteering with Vision House. We can guarantee your work will make a big difference in the life of someone who’s in need. Your own heart might even be changed. That’s just the power of service — and giving yourself, your time and your talents to others.
This should be a meaningful experience for you. And we’ll do everything we can to make this an experience you’ll never forget — for all the right reasons.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
We offer a wide variety of volunteer opportunities at Vision House through the promotion of our core values of: Christ-centered integrity, helping and service, achievement, respect, and teamwork. The Vision House volunteer program also promotes relationships in the community that generate additional support and public awareness of Vision House!
We are currently seeking volunteers to serve during quarterly classes for resident families. We need the following roles filled:
- Class Mentors – Sit alongside adult residents in class and assist with group discussion questions or hands-on activities
- Child Mentors – Give quality attention to children while their parents are in class
- Food Donor – Provide food for evening events. You can pick one date or multiple dates. Please contact Debbie or Heather to learn more.
We need the above volunteers to serve during the following classes:
- Financial Literacy (Shoreline) – begins September 10th 2018
- Cooking Matters (Shoreline) – begins October 22nd 2018
This class requires training prior to the start of class. If you are interested in assisting with this cooking class, please contact Debbie as soon as possible to arrange for the training.
- Housing Stability (Renton) – hopefully begins October 4th, 2018
- Financial Literacy (Renton) – begins January 2019
We do have additional opportunities for volunteering in other areas such as:
- Apartment Refresh Team – cleaning & preparing empty units for incoming families
- Summer field trip volunteers
- Case management administrative support – 1 – 4 hours per month
- Snack/meal provision for one of our resident services events
- Bible study volunteer
- Child Mentor
- Parent Mentor in one of our classes
- Amharic or Tigrinya speaking volunteer willing to mentor parents or help our intake team translate phone calls
- Homework help & tutoring
- Facility maintenance assistance
- Yardwork help
- Cleanout Team support – packing & removing donated items following estate sales
- Accounting & office support
- Fundraising help & Table Captains for special events
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out and submit the interest form below.
For current volunteers, we are currently in a trial of SignUp.com, a platform which will make it easier for you to see our active volunteer opportunities and sign up for shifts.
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click the button to go to our invitation page on SignUp.com
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on SignUp.com)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots – SignUp.com will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
If you are interested in a group volunteer project at our Renton facility, please contact Debbie Gannon by e-mail or at 425-228-6356. If you are interested in a group volunteer project at our Shoreline facility, please contact Heather Ellis by e-mail or at 206-812-8834.