Our Family Services Program provides critical resources to two kinds of families:
- A family experiencing homelessness that hopes to transition into permanent housing
- A family on the brink of homelessness
These services include case management and guidance. They also incorporate classes and training that lead to transformation. Whether it’s vocational, life skills, parenting, or health and wellness, these classes are designed to address and remove the friction points that cause tension within a family.
But it’s more than that. By addressing these areas, individuals often uncover their God-given gifts and talents. They are supported in their pursuit of independence, and encouraged to live with hope.
Housing Program: Amazing success . . . by the numbers
- 176 individuals previously experiencing homelessness received housing and critical support services last year at Vision House. That’s 111 children, 57 mothers and 8 fathers.
- In 2019, 88% of Vision House families transitioned successfully to permanent housing.
Families experiencing homelessness need safe housing. There’s no way around that fact. Every individual on the planet deserves a roof over his or her head.
They also need the time and space to resolve the crises in their lives that led them to homelessness to begin with.
That’s why we offer families temporary housing and supportive services so they can work on the difficulties in their lives that have prevented them from achieving independence and self-sufficiency. And then they can move on successfully to permanent housing.
This isn’t a handout. This is a way for individuals and families to deal with the root causes of their homelessness. When you deal with the root, the problem goes away. For good.
Diversion Program: Amazing success . . . by the numbers
- 562 families received referral information to other housing options and social service providers in 2019.
- 210 families received financial or housing support in 2019. Financial support was provided in multiple forms such as gift cards and financial assistance for gas, bus tickets, food and clothing.
Click Here for more information.
To reach our entry staff, please call: 425.633.7661.