It’s easy to make a massive difference in the life of a homeless family in need when you donate to Vision House!
Vision House is in need of the following household items for families recovering from homelessness. All items must be new, unless otherwise specified:
- Bedding: comforters, washable mattress pads (twin, full and queen); queen bedding
- MINI crib sheets
- Bed guard rails (for small children)
- Toilet paper
- Bathroom sets (towels, bath mats, garbage cans, shower curtains, liners, and rings)
- Full-sized shampoos, conditioners, and styling products
- Olive Oil and Luster’s Pink
- Bedhead, TRESemmé or Pantene
- Full-sized shower gels
- Deodorants (for men and women)
- Bubble bath for kids
- Hair dryers and straighteners
- Paper towels
- Small appliances: coffee pots, blenders, mixers, toasters, etc. (used or new)
- Kitchen tools: graters, peelers, spatulas, measuring cups, salad tongs, etc.
- Healthy foods (at least six months of shelf-life): cereal, pasta, sauce, canned meals (stew, chili), protein (tuna, chicken), rice, popcorn, peanut butter, breakfast cereal, etc.
- Kid appropriate lunch snacks: applesauce, granola snack bars, crackers, etc.
- Complete (4+ settings) dish sets (used or new)
- Drinking cup sets
- Medium to large sized garbage cans and liners
- Dishwasher soaps, laundry soaps, and pump hand soaps
- Ground coffee and filters
- Ziploc bags (all sizes)
- Cleaning supplies: mops, brooms, dust pans, cleaning products, recycle bins, sponges, etc.
- Diapers (sizes 4, 5, 6 – no size 3 or pull ups), wipes and baby formula
- Sun hats (all sizes) and sunscreen
- Bike helmets
- Door mats
- Flip flops (all sizes)
- Vacuum cleaners (new or very good working condition)
- Wall art (new or very good condition)
- Phones, flashlights, and cameras
Blessings Bags are distributed by Vision House to families we are interviewing who may be living outside or in a car, but these kits can also be assembled at home in a gallon-sized Ziploc, and distributed to neighbors in need when you cross paths. For a list of items to include in a Blessing Bag, see here.
Thank you for making homeless families feel welcome in their new apartments. Families often arrive after living in a car, tent or even a garage. With a stable home, they can get back on their feet. By providing these household items, you are helping them to feel safe and cared for. Thank you!
To schedule a drop-off at our Renton location, please contact us at 425-228-6356 or email@example.com.
To schedule a drop-off at our Shoreline location, please contact us at 206-812-8834 ext. 101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Our Shoreline location only takes donations on Monday and Thursday